Sunday, October 5, 2014

Little Bit of Catchin Up

It's been some time since I last blogged.  I have gotten caught up in life and complacency in my weightloss journey, and thus blogging has become less of a 'necessity'.  Back in 2011 when I started my journey, I couldn't fathom going without journaling my progress.  I needed to record each milestone and keep myself accountable.  I wanted to be able to look back and see where I had come from, have a reminder of the pangs and triumphs, and the goals and accomplishments.  There is even value in seeing the failures.  I have lost 100+ pounds.  I am not sure of my current weight.  It is somewhere around 185.  I don't get on the scale often.  I wear about a size 12 on bottom, smaller than when I was in high school, and a size Medium-Large on top.  I am comfortable in my own skin.  I sometimes wish I was a little smaller, but I must not wish it that much or I would be doing more to achieve it.  I could use to work out more, but currently I am working harder than I ever have.  I love my job.  I love my fiance, whom I should have married by now, but due to finances have not yet been able to.  I have the goal of finishing my final six classes to get my degree by this time next year.  I hope to be married and have a child.  I hope to have advanced into a higher position in work.  I hope to move my family to Minneapolis.  It's funny that this post has quickly evolved into a sort of list of new year resolutions of sorts.  Below is a picture of me trying on a dress (which I bought but haven't worn to work yet) just about a month or so ago.  I didn't have my spanx on to smooth the bumps, but I felt pretty hot in this dress.  (No it's not leopard print, just a brown and black knit fabric).

and a little something to compare it to...

I am happy with how far I have come.  I hope to have a baby (did I mention that already??) in the next year or so.  I'm practicing really hard!!  ;-)  Things are moving in a positive direction.  If I haven't heard from you in a while, drop me a comment and say hello!  Feel free to email even.  I would love to hear from my fellow bloggers/readers about how you're doing, good, bad or otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the weight loss. It is easy to get complacent. Especially when you are in a happy place. Good luck on the job search.

    ReplyDelete