Thursday, June 23, 2011

Creeping Back Towards Normal

Well I'm 9 days out from surgery and I'm starting to feel a bit more like myself.  I'm 5 days away from the stage in my diet where I can progress to soft foods.  I cannot tell you how excited I am for this.  It's not that I want to eat a bunch of bad foods or anything like that.  It is more so that I want something that isn't liquefied in my system.  My digestion is a bit screwy the last week, and I could appreciate some normalcy.  Pardon the bluntness, but I've never really been one to hold back.  


I am down just under 23 lbs as of this morning.  I am excited to watch the numbers go down, and watch my clothes becoming a little more loose.  I've been reading some other people's blogs today.  The difference between reading the blogs pre-surgery and post-surgery is that now, other than jitters and emotions, I have something to connect with.  I am finding comfort in other peoples accounts of the woes and victories, the same or similar woes and victories that I'm facing.  I'm also finding it comforting to see how people felt at the exact same point of progression in this process as I am right now.  Right now, Amy's blog is a big source of comfort for me.  I look at her pictures and see a lot of myself in them.  I also identify with her humor, she's pretty straight forward to say the least, which is also a lot like me.  


This has been a challenging week, as I'm getting back to my routine.  In doing that, I have to make accommodations for the fact that I'm not on solids yet.  I'm also not drinking, which is a big part of my social circle and has been a big change.  I think once I can get some real food in me, I might feel a little more like a normal person again, but until then, it's me, my rumbly tummy, and my liquids...

No comments:

Post a Comment