Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lots to do! Lots to do!


That's me at a park in Brooklyn overlooking the Williamsburg Bridge and the tallest of the lit up buildings is the new World Trade Center's Freedom Tower.  The boyfriend and I were having an impromtu photo shoot on a date night not too long ago. 

So... new things in the works.  I am on my way towards revision surgery.  My surgeon and I have settled on the Sleeve Gastrectomy.  This will happen on September 17, just 4 1/2 short weeks away.  I am in the midst of doing all sorts of pre-op prepping.  I have to go through all of the same rigamarole as I did with the first surgery.  Thank goodness that I work in the hospital and it makes it much easier for me to get things like appointments and blood work done that normally would require taking off multiple days from work.  Today I had my psych evaluation (yes... another one).  This is an insurance requirement.  Though I already had it done last year, I guess they want to make sure that having the band didn't drive me mad.  I'm sure there are a few loose screws up there, but I managed not to alarm the psychologist too badly.  Luckily I am an employee of the hospital.  He waived my fee for the evaluation (which cost me about $200-250 last year if I remember correctly!). 

Tomorrow it's on to nutrition counseling.  I'm not sure that there is much difference in the pre and post op diets from the band to the sleeve.  Back to protein shakes I'm sure.  I'm not looking forward to all liquids again.  I missed having something to crunch last surgery.  But... it's only for a while and I'm sure it's going to be fine. 

Next week is an appointment for medical clearance with my general doc and then an upper endoscopy after that later next week.  So much stuff to get done!  All while prepping to go back to school for the fall.  If I didn't know how good the outcome from this promised to be, I might be overwhelmed right now.  I'm on my way to better days.  Now I'm off to research more info on the ins and outs of this gastric sleeve business!

No comments:

Post a Comment