Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ten Things Thursday

I haven't done one of these in a while so let's see how this goes!

1. I am on vacation in Alabama right now.  Meeting the family of my fiancé for the first time. It's been great.  Everyone has been really nice and welcoming so far.  I think they actually like me!

2. I am 17 days post-op and I haven't seen a scale since Sunday.  I have no idea what I weigh at this point.   It's making me crazy. I might sneak off to the scale section at Walmart to day for a sneak. 

3. Being on purées while on vacation is extremely difficult. I don't recommend it.  If you can wait a week and get to soft foods before taking a vacation, do it.

4. All of the clothes I have with me here on vacation are too big. I look pretty silly. That Walmart run is sounding better and better. 

5. I'm not looking forward to the long drive back to NYC this weekend. 15 hours in the drivers seat is no joke. 

6. My shoes don't fit again.  This happened when I got my band too.  All my shoes were too big.  Here I am again in need of shoes!

7. 12 days left of my hiatus from work.  I took off four weeks to recover. This is the longest I have ever taken from work in 20 years.  I am not looking forward to going back yet.

8. 6 days until classes start again.  I'm looking forward to getting back to class.  I'm not looking forward to homework. I guess some things never change not matter how you get.

9. School supplies!! Another excuse to go to Walmart and visit the scales!

10. I'm still sick of protein shakes.

I made it to 10!  More updates when I get home from vacation. See ya on the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, vaca and mushies...yeah not a good mix. But at least it's a good time to vaca while you are already OFF from work. I start classes again next week and soooooo not looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Walmart is a must do! Sounds like a good vacation - damn thats a long drive!

    ReplyDelete