I always struggle with these lists of 10 but here goes anyway!
1. I went back to work this week and yes, I am back on a schedule. I seems to be helping with the grazing. I'm still not really losing in numbers but my clothes are getting bigger.
2. After being off work for 4 weeks, upon my return I realized just how much I dislike my position. I have been waiting for a job to be posted in another department for a couple months. It was posted in my absence but the hiring physician was sure to notify me to get in and apply. I was told by someone in the know that I'm pretty much a shoe in for the job. I had to submit my salary requirements and resume. I have been in the same position for 8 years so it was a little foreign to me to need to do this. I asked for a significant increase from my current job on the advice of a friend. She says men always make more than women because they're not afraid to ask for what they're worth. She told me to go for it, so I did. I had to remind myself of my worth.
3. During my time off from work we went to Alabama so I could meet my future in-laws. While there we went to Decatur for a day and we fell in love with a park on the Tennessee River for our wedding venue. I finally know where it is I am getting married! Now to settle on a date!
4. Employee satisfaction surveys happen at work next week. We are a massive institution with over 20,000 employees in our combined campuses. Amazingly my department has had the lowest ratings in the entire institution for 2 years running. Meaning that out of alllll the employees in the entire place, even the people scrubbing toilets, my department has the most dissatisfied employees. No wonder I want out. Apparently I'm not the only one.
5. I have no pants that fit. Well, maybe one pair of jeans, but they are not work appropriate. I wish the weather would change to fall so I can wear my sweater dresses and tights again.
6. I'm struggling to get into my on,ine course this semester. The professor is really unorganized and has a haphazard way of presenting the required work which frustrates me. Is makes it very easy to go on Pinterest and create my wishful thinking wedding instead.
7. Speaking of Pinterest... Man are there some great ideas on there. I have gotten completely inspired for my wedding and how to make it really awesome making all the decorations myself. Only trouble is, I would have needed to start making them 3 years ago in order to ready in time. Looks like I'm going to have to put my mom to work! She's just hangin out being all retired and stuff anyway. ;)
8. I might kick my fiancé if he doesn't stop messin with me right now. Good thing he's cute or he'd already have been kicked twice already.
9. I got some new mini-muffin and mini-loaf pans in the mail from amazon today. I can't wait to try out a couple of new recipes from www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com. Anyone try her breqkfast egg bites or mini meat loafs?
10. I need to drink more water and walk more. Point blank. Both need to happen. I'm getting better about the walking but the water really needs to get better this week. I think I need to find a water container that I actually like, maybe that will help. I love water but for some reason I'm slacking on the intake.
Well there you have it. I made it through my 10 things. I don't know how interesting that was but I did it! Still need to take pics...