Sunday, May 8, 2011

Planning for Recovery

I was having an anxious week.  Work was getting to me a bit and my nerves were feeling a bit frayed. 
Today I finally have slowed down a bit.  I had a very productive day yesterday and I'm feeling a bit calmer.  The fact that surgery could be in as soon as a few short weeks away has me feeling as though I need to finish a bunch of things. I don't know how I'll be feeling after surgery and how long it's going to be until I feel well enough to do things that require any physical exertion.  I do have supportive friends, but I am super independent and find it difficult to imagine asking for help.  I plan to recover at my brother's place after surgery, but when I get home, that is my concern.  I've probably read about a million other people's blogs and forum posts, so I know that people's post-op pain and discomfort varies.  I'm guessing that I should prepare for the worst but hope for the best.  I've been putting off filling out my paperwork for my visit on Wednesday.  I think because it was making me feel more anxious on top of an already anxious week.  Maybe I'm ready now.  I'll have a glass of wine and see if that makes it any easier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment