Ok, I'm joining the get-to-know-you thread... Here you are!!
1. What is your occupation right now ?
I'm working in Microbiology at the #1 hospital in NYC. On the side I have other ventures, mostly in music. I dabble in booking and consulting for indie labels.
2.What color are your socks right now?
I love bare feets!
3. What are you listening to right now?
Frank Ocean has been on repeat in my car, as well as Aloe Blacc.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Fage 0% Yogurt with Mango and Guanabana (no idea what a guanabana even is)
5. Can you drive a stick shift?
I learned to drive on a stick and 95% of all the cars I've ever owned have been manuals. My current car is an automatic, but of course I got the model with the manual option.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
My bestie Riki. She was picking on me as usual.
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
I like the person I swiped it from! Thanks Andrea!
8. How old are you today?
9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?
Football for sure! I hold onto my loyalty to my hometown team the Detroit Lions. Say what you will, but they're gonna kick some butt this year!
10. What is your favorite drink?
Alcoholic? Maker's and soda... Oh wait... you didn't say booze... Um, I'd have to say coffee then. The stronger the better.
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? I used to color it a lot as a teenager, then didn't color it at all for years. I recently got some highlights for the first time in ages and love it. I may be addicted.
12. Favorite food?
Definitely Mexican (Andrea, you're a girl after my own heart)
13. What is the last movie you watched? Jeez, this is tuff. I don't go to the movies much and am not much of a tv watcher. Um...
14. Favorite day of the year?
Valentine's Day. Every year my BFF has been my Valentine as long as I've known her. It's special every year because of her. Oh, and my halfa-birthday! My mom never forgets!
15. How do you vent anger? I used to be a hitter, but those days are gone. Now I have better communication skills and let people know just what is on my mind... Or I have a Maker's and Soda! ;-) 16. What was your favorite toy as a child?
17. What is your favorite season?
18. Cherries or Blueberries?
Neither really, but if I had a gun to my head, it's be blueberries
19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back?
I'd love for you all to email me....but you can blog this too if you want (I'm sticking with Andrea's answer here too)
20. Where is you favorite place to escape?
If here in NYC, I like to go somewhere near the water. I tend to go to the waterfront in Williamsburg. There's a park that I helped revive years ago and I end up back there from time to time when I need some head space.
21. Favorite Tv Show?
Once again, not much of a tv buff, but I love that Laura Linny (spelling??) show called "The Big C" on Showtime.
22. Living arrangements?
I rent and have a roommate who is moving soonish. Hooray getting back to living alone.
23. When was the last time you cried?
The other night when I was out with a friend. I have a tough exterior, but I'm also really sensitive when I get frustrated.
24. What is on the floor of your closet?
I live in NYC, there are no such thing as closets here. And if you do have closets here, you probably can afford much higher rent than I can (and you probably don't have to heat your apt with the oven in the winter like I do either).
25. Who is the friend you have had the longest?
Hmmm. Probably my friend Shannon from childhood. I know my mom has known her mom since before we were born and we still are in touch today.
26. What did you do last night?
Stayed in bed. Rough night out acting like a teenager on Saturday ruined me for anything outside of my bed on Sunday.
27. What are you most afraid of?
Fish. Sounds silly I know, but I'm scared shitless of them
28. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger hey!
29. Favorite dog breed? I'm kind of a chihuahua lover myself. Teeny cute little dogs. Oh, and miniature pinchers!
30. Favorite day of the week?
31. How many states have you lived in?
32. Diamonds or pearls? Pearl. My father had a black pearl tie tack that I always loved. 33. What is your favorite flower?