I know I'm a couple days late, but Wednesday was my 6 month Bandiversary. I cannot believe it's been six months. Here are a few of my achievements having lost 50 pounds thus far:
- I can now put on boots or shoes without struggling to pull my leg up toward me and holding my breath. I used to be embarrassed to have to put on shoes that took any effort in front of people. I would intentionally wear easy to slip on and off shoes if I knew I was going to be in front of people to lace or put shoes on.
- I can cross my legs pretty comfortably. That means without holding up the crossed leg with my hand to keep them folded. I can also cross at the ankles more comfortably too. I feel so lady like!! (I no longer sit like a linebacker)
- Pretty much all but a few pairs of jeans are now too big on me! I need to shop, but I'm hesitant. I have been blessed with a friend who has had surgery before me (and who's an overachiever in the weightloss dept). She's been passing down some great in between clothes to me. Thanks LR!!
- I can go up and down the stairs more comfortably (and quickly!)
- I fit in most chairs easy breezy!
- I can now wear a sweater under my winter coat and not feel like a stuffed sausage! Oh, and did I mention that I can button my winter coat and still have room??
- Time for new shoes too! My feet are shrinking! Any excuse to shop...
So here are a couple pics, a before and now if you will. I took the pic in the sweater dress on the 6 month anniversary. Whatchya think?
(Taken 6 days Post-Op)
(Taken 6 Month Post-Op)